Senior Account Executive
New York, NY
Channel V Media is an award-winning New York City PR agency that specializes in creating and executing communications programs for innovative, visionary and disruptive companies. Our clients include fast-growing technology companies (b2b and b2c) across verticals and industries.
We’re looking for a Senior Account Executive with strong writing skills to work with the Director of Media Relations to shape PR stories and contributed articles, as well as lead the day-to-day execution of 3 – 4 client accounts. You’re the keeper of overall account management and program implementation. You oversee and practice editorial excellence in pitches and written work. And you manage the junior account team through the execution of strategy and keep them on task toward a shared goal.
Note: To be considered for this position, you must have B2B experience.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) assists in the strategic planning of accounts and will manage accounts and/or act as a key member of one or several accounts. This role proactively seeks out solutions to challenges faced within client teams and communicates updates and best practices. Additionally, members at this level assist in the management and training of other team members. SAEs have a strong understanding of media relations, a solid network of media contacts and an excellent success rate of placing stories. They also possess strong written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Supervises accounts or acts as key member of large accounts
- Writes a variety of PR and marketing materials, including, but not limited to: press releases, pitches, byline articles, case studies and marketing copy
- Proactively pitches journalists, analysts and other key influencers with limited to no assistance and review from manager
- Regularly introduces new story angles and campaign ideas
- Manages speaking and award programs for clients
- Manages and oversees client weekly agendas, recap reports, clip and monthly reports
- Assists in management and training of account team members
- Assists in strategic account planning, including: developing scopes of work, supporting account profitability and developing new materials
- Proactively communicates updates to clients, advises them on best practices and makes recommendations for overcoming challenges
- Assists with new business research and outreach
- Manages junior account team members and directs their work on accounts
- BA/BS. We love common-sense, critical-thinking liberal arts majors, or any education that shows curiosity and an interest in learning new ideas
- Agency experience. 4-6 years relevant PR agency experience. You’ve got a history of media relations and writing success, an understanding of online and social media, and know how to manage clients from start to finish.
- Technology and/or B2B experience. You're not secretly looking for a celebrity, entertainment or lifestyle gig. You not only know tech and business; you prefer it.
- Excellent writing skills. You're not just good at writing grammatically-correct sentences; you know how to transform a complex or niche idea into a well-packaged article or publication-ready story idea.
- A thinker and problem solver. Tough client? No news? Oddball target market? You like the the challenge of coming up with new solutions and new ideas and figuring out how to take them from vague concept to well-executed deliverable
- A desire for ownership. You’re self-motivated, you’re looking for responsibility, and you can take the pressure that a client's success falls squarely on your shoulders.
- Resourceful. You work well under high pressure and deadlines, and will find the tools to get an account over the finish line no matter what.
- Strong media/analyst relations skills. This position requires a proven track record of media success. Please be prepared to provide a press portfolio.
- Manage up. You'll be managing junior employees and your clients, and will also need to know how to manage up so that the Media Relations Director knows when help or resources are needed.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Performance Bonus
- Vacation Days
- Professional Development
- Early Summer Fridays
- Travel & Expense Benefits
- New Business Commission