New York City, NY
Channel V Media is an award-winning NYC PR firm that specializes in creating and executing communications programs for innovative, visionary and disruptive companies. Our clients include fast-growing technology companies (b2b and b2c) across verticals and industries.
We’re currently hiring an Account Executive with strong media relations and writing skills. You’ll work directly with the PR director to develop pitch angles and place stories, follow media coverage and trending news, lead awards and speaking programs and take on day-to-day ownership of 3-4 technology and b2b accounts. You’ll also be responsible for managing our PR internship program.
The Account Executive (AE) will be a key member of our team, engaged in a range of assignments spanning technology and b2b launches, thought leadership and awards and speaking. AEs will have all the essential skills that that make them great at PR (an eye for a good angle, excellent writing skills, dogged persistence to deliver for clients, top-notch client management), and members at this level also like ownership, responsibility, strategic thinking, and understanding how PR works in service of business goals. They also should have a strong interest in following how existing technologies or current market problems are paving the way for new ideas, new technologies, and new businesses. There’s no task they can’t jump in to help complete, no project too big or small to support any of our clients, and you thrive in an environment where each day can go in any direction.
- Media Pitch Creation. Conceive pitch ideas that act in service of overarching PR goals and strategy, and see pitch development through from drafting to reporter outreach.
- Media Outreach. Deliver consistent, quality media placements every month, both in top-tier media and in target verticals, that work in service of client goals.
- Client Management. Develop and maintain relationship with client teams to ensure CVM is in the loop about all information and proactively communicate with clients about new ideas, ongoing activities and press coverage.
- Awards & Speaking Research, Management and Maintenance. Identify new awards and speaking events for clients. Maintain database of existing events and awards opportunities, ensuring submission deadlines, contact information, event dates and locations, and other pertinent information is accurate and up to date.
- Media Lists & Editorial Calendars. Oversight of key client and category-specific media lists, including editorial calendars, round-up opportunities, and other lists necessary for active accounts.
- News Monitoring. Daily monitoring of online, social, print and broadcast news outlets for stories, reporters and producers who are addressing topics relevant to CVM’s clients.
- Account Support. Ownership of delegated projects (including working independently, communicating progress, and seeking out guidance and/or collaboration when necessary).
- Management of Client Reporting. Creation and distribution of weekly activity and success reports on assigned accounts. CVM’s client reports offer clients visibility into our ongoing strategy, our current work, open conversations, and PR successes.
- Internship Program. Manage the staffing and delegation of work to the intern team.
- BA/BS: We love common-sense, critical-thinking liberal arts majors, or any education that shows curiosity and an interest in learning new ideas.
- 1-2 years of PR/communications experience in the tech or b2b space. You understand how PR works, and you’re passionate about using it to help businesses grow.
- A good communicator. You're able to communicate with clients and media clearly in writing, over the phone, and in meetings. You can shape business ideas into media-relevant pitches, and explain yourself to clients and colleagues.
- Organized and detail-oriented. You leave no stone unturned in identifying opportunities for clients, and you're able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities without letting anything slip between the cracks.
- A reader and sponge. You know what’s going on in the world. You consume media (hard news and pop culture), follow trends, and you’re always looking for opportunities for clients as you do it.
- A builder of media relationships. You have some established media relationships and are continuing to build them with every new client and story angle. You have solid instincts and an understanding of which kind of story will be right for which reporter/media outlet. Your pitches are targeted and thoughtful in a way that makes reporters respect you as a publicist.
- A thinker and problem solver. Tough client? No news? Oddball target market? You like the the challenge of coming up with new solutions and new ideas and figuring out how to take them from vague concept to well-executed deliverable.
- A desire for responsibility. You’re self-motivated, you’re looking for ownership, you like when you’ve earned the trust of your boss and co-workers, you love the feeling of accomplishment that comes from taking a project from start to finish.
- A desire for growth. You want to learn about new kinds of businesses, take on new challenges, and grow into new and more senior responsibility, including leading accounts, managing junior employees, or developing new or existing company initiatives.
- A collaborator. Although much of our work happens independently, we share our successes and help each other come up with solutions when we’re stumped or dealing with a tough client problem. We don't necessarily celebrate every tiny individual or agency achievement, but we respect a job well done and reward employees who contribute to agency growth and success.