New York, NY
We’re looking for smart, motivated interns to join our team, for our immersive academic internship program. Our NYC PR Internships are available all year round and they last three months.
Interns learn firsthand about the business realities of growing companies and funded startups, as our team works directly with CEOs, founders and other senior team members to develop and execute communications programs that deliver on their business goals.
You’ll gain an insider’s view of the essential role that PR and marketing play in growing a business. As you delve into the inner workings of our clients’ companies, you’ll learn how sales and marketing work together and the essential role that effective, strategic communications campaigns play in achieving business goals. You’ll see how communications can create a new market for a given business or product–or help a business break into a crowded market. You’ll gain an understanding of the different buyer types and their needs and pain points, along with the art of developing messaging that speaks to these audiences. You’ll get a nuanced view of the complex landscape of media, and see how earned coverage plays an essential role in establishing and advancing business value and credibility. You’ll learn the essential skill of making technical business specifications relevant to a non-expert audience to create awareness and demand.
You’ll do it all from our boutique communications agency located in the Meatpacking district. Our roots are in PR, but our agency is built on providing our clients (technology/start-ups, brands, products and b2b companies) all the services they often need as part of a unified communications strategy and approach, including web design, content development, and other aspects of effective inbound-outbound marketing strategies. We create with customized solutions that help clients solve problems and meet business goals. We work really hard and wear a lot of hats.
- This is an unpaid academic internship for college credit and we are committed to making this a valuable learning experience. Candidates must be willing to commit to a minimum of 18 hours/week (or minimum required for credit).
- Candidates must also have an interest in business, technology, and media.
- Qualified candidates will have strong communication skills (both spoken and written) and experience using social media.
- Candidates MUST BE enrolled in college and able to receive college credit for this internship.
- Support all team members within the PR firm in daily account activities.
- Monitor business and technology media, whether in print, online or on social media, daily.
- Ongoing research of relevant media, specific markets, and/or trends in business and technology.
Note: Interns who demonstrate curiosity and initiative, a sophisticated understanding of our clients and the media, and who are able to take ownership of ideas and projects, are better positioned to take on greater responsibility.
- Pitching Media
- Media List Building
- Bylined Article
- Public Relations
- Public Relations Skills
- Social Media