Lessons from Channel V Media
- How to work the entire internet. Ok, not really, but I went from a vague understanding of XHTML and CSS to being kind of great at it. Seriously. I’m brilliant. Not Gretel brilliant, but you know, brilliant.
- Blogging is inexplicably time consuming. “Hey Will can you write a post for the blog?” “Sure guys!” Suddenly it’s two hours later and I’m just finishing writing a two page blog post. Where did all that time go? I couldn’t begin to guess, but I can tell you that blogging isn’t as quick and mindless as print journalists might have you believe.
- People are not so good at this whole “Internet” thing. It’s surprising, because I never thought of new media as a particularly difficult-to-grasp concept. Apparently, however, it is. Luckily for these folks, though, they don’t need to be very good at it. They just need to be smart enough to hire someone who is.
- Journalists find puns highly entertaining. Self-expunatory.
- People want new ways to stalk each other. I don’t know why, but people love stalking. I love it, you love it, heck, my mom loves it. It seems that a social network’s value can be measured in its stalker potential as much as its connection potential (exception: LinkedIn). Heck, Google analytics is useful for stalking. It’s wild, and I’m just as guilty of it as everyone else.
About Channel V Media
Welcome to Channel V Media (CVM). We’re an award-winning PR and communications agency, founded in 2008.
We build market momentum for Fortune 500 and emerging companies, advising and executing on Communications Strategy, PR strategy, and digital marketing. We specialize in breaking clients into new markets and categories, rising to the top of crowded conversations, and reinvigorating enthusiasm for long-standing companies as they compete in new areas.
CVM builds awareness for companies and their products, develops C-suite leaders into industry visionaries, positions clients to be among the most vocal in high-value conversations, and drives inbound leads.
Some of our clients include Sopra Banking Software, GFT, Penn Mutual, IBM, Bluecore, Grapeshot + Oracle, Fortune & Frame, and others.